We interact and communicate with you in several ways:
- Facebook: public page and private group
- Newsletter (Creative Spirit Circle Journal) sent out monthly using Mailchimp.
- Online classes: including class notifications and updates and discussion. Our classrooms are private and hosted by Mystery School of the Goddess using Ruzuku as a class software platform. Content/guidance of the classes belongs to Brigid’s Grove, Mystery School of the Goddess simply provides the “room” for the classes to exist in.
- Website: you are able to subscribe to our blog posts, link to our etsy shop, and access our other resources all through this same “portal” page.
- Etsy: this is where the vast majority of our orders are processed. We do not receive any of your payment data from Etsy, that information is processed securely through their servers.
- Paypal: a secondary payment processor, this is where some of our etsy orders are processed and any direct invoices are processed. We do not receive any of your payment data from Paypal, that information is processed securely through their servers.
- Stripe: a third payment processor, if you sign up using payments for any of our online courses, those payments are processed via Stripe. We do not receive any of your payment data from Stripe, that information is processed securely through their servers.
- Patreon: a membership opportunity, you monthly subscriptions are processed through their payment servers and we do not receive any of your payment data directly.
Each of these platforms has its own privacy practices, disclosures, and agreements, to which you have the ability to opt-in or out or modify according to your preferences and needs.
The following sections detail our privacy practices more thoroughly, but our general, governing guidelines are simply as follows:
- We only use your personal data to contact or communicate with you according to your settings and preferences or fulfill your orders.
- We use our mailing list to send monthly updates which may include marketing information about our new products.
- We never sell your data, release your name/information, or transmit your personal information to a third party, other than as needed by the services above to process your transactions or fulfill your orders with us.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We will never ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Brigid’s Grove, LLC (“Company”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing http://www.brigidsgrove.com, you acknowledge and fully understand Company’s Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
PARTICIPATING MERCHANT POLICIES
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in Company services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Company collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our web server logs, cookies, and the user.
a. Web Server Logs.
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings, then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
c. Personal Information of Users
Visitors to our website may be permitted to register for certain services such as a monthly newsletter or blog post updates. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name and email address.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill your service requests for products or services.
- To protect ourselves, our customer or our vendors from liability or to defend our rights, including investigations of fraud or misconduct.
- To third parties who have agreed in writing to maintain such information in confidence and use such information solely in performance of services to us.
- To respond to legal process or comply with law, including subpoenas.
- To entities under common ownership or control with us or to our owners, or
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in or after having not initially taken an opportunity to opt-out, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CORRECT, UPDATE, OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personally identifiable information we store about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personal information that we collect from you against loss, theft and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have developed and implemented and continue to maintain and monitor a written information security program applicable to all records containing personal information. This security program is appropriate to the size, scope and type of our business, the resources available to us, the amount of stored data, and the need for security and confidentiality of the personal information we store. No security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the security during transmission to us of the information you supply over the Internet. You can help us by taking precautions to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet and only disclose information that you want made public. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers and make sure to use a secure web browser.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not specifically market to or knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. Because some information is collected online, it may not appear to be the personal information of a child under 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are under 13, please do not register for any of our services or provide us any information about yourself (such as your name, email address or phone number)
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Company has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
Like most website operators, Brigid’s Grove collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose of collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the website.
Brigid’s Grove also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. Brigid’s Grove only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information Via Ruzuku (online class registration)
Certain visitors to Ruzuku’s websites choose to interact with Ruzuku in ways that require Ruzuku to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Ruzuku gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a course hosted on ruzuku.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Ruzuku — by purchasing access to the ruzuku.com service, for example — are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Ruzuku collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Ruzuku. Ruzuku does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Information We Collect for Orders
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom goddess order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Please note that when you leave feedback after receiving your item, you username, link to your profile, and your item purchased will also be visible on our shop page in the reviews section and below the item itself.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
+ as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
+ when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list. You will receive a link inviting you to sign up for the mailing list with your shipping confirmation for your order(s).
+ if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
+ Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
+ Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
+ Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
+ Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
+ Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
+ Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
+ Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Brigid’s Grove (Molly and Mark Remer), are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.